Google My Business app has been transitioned to the Google Maps app in July 2022.
What does this mean?
It means that we need to be managing our business profiles directly on Google maps ‘Business Profile’ rather than through the Google My Business app because Google is shutting down the Google My Business app.
Here are some quick links to get your business transitioned from Google My Business to Google Maps:
- How to find your business on Google
- How to add a business to Google Maps without an address – which can be tricky if you are an online business
- Why your business isn’t showing on Google Maps
- How to set up and optimise your Google Business Profile.
If you didn’t have a Google My Business account set up, then I highly recommend you set up a Google Business Profile, you can do so here.
The benefits of a Google Business Profile are:
- You can manage how your local business shows up on Google with personalization of photos, logos, your services and products on offer
- Your reviews show up in your profile which builds credibility
- It helps customers find the products or services you offer
- It helps customers to contact you
- Verified businesses on Google are considered more reputable.